Expertise|Business & Information Services
Stax has helped mid-market and large companies in the business services sector better understand their customers, channels, and competitors. This includes companies in a variety of service businesses, including various outsourced, back office functions. With our extensive and ongoing experience in both local and global markets, we can advise businesses on how best to pursue growth opportunities and maximize profitability.
Types of Engagements
Business services companies engage Stax to analyze and help grow their businesses by:
- Helping clients understand markets and opportunities, and ways to grow share.
- Assessing markets, customers, segments, channels, and competition to identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Identifying opportunities for organic and inorganic growth, and joint ventures.
- Determining profitability by segment and by customer, along with developing strategies and prioritizing opportunities to improve profitability.
- Discovering unmet needs, untapped pockets of opportunity, and areas for focused innovation.
- Conducting multi-country market analysis to prioritize best geographic opportunities.
- Analyzing markets and sales force deployment and making recommendations for the most effective sales deployment strategies.
- Developing go-to-market strategies for specific sectors.
- Spotting opportunities to use technology and automation to increase efficiency and profitability.
Areas of Expertise
- BPO and Back Office Compliance Services
- Data Providers, Content, and Media
- Financial Services
- HR, Workforce Management, and Staffing Services
- Information Services & Solutions
- IT Services, including IT Infrastructure, Data Management, and Security
- Marketing and Advertising
- MRO (maintenance, repair, and operations)
- Risk Management
Examples of Engagements
Resource Allocation & Optimization. Stax’s findings helped a mid-sized business services firm improve its profitability by revising its human resource allocation model. We examined best practices at six comparable firms that faced similar challenges in recruiting, hiring, training, development, and retention of employees; assessed office structure and impact on profitability; identified best practices in recruitment, screening, and training; and developed a competitive value proposition to maximize employee retention.
Market Sizing, Customer Needs Assessment: Product Strategy. Stax’s insights gave a client that provides back office solutions a roadmap to configure and launch new products for the short and medium term. Through publicly available data, Stax estimated the total market size as well as competitors’ shares for key products targeting small business customers. Stax then evaluated current and expected demand for these services, via interviews with small businesses, to determine market potential for the client within the next 3-5 years.
Investment Due Diligence. A private equity firm considering an investment in a U.S.-based provider of employment screening and background checking services engaged Stax to conduct due diligence on this opportunity. Stax evaluated customer usage of third-party outsourcing vendors across different employment and background screening services. Stax’s analysis focused on insights from an end-user web survey, supplemented though conversations with industry experts, channel players, and key competitors. This analysis looked at the market, the company’s positioning, and future growth outlook.
Stax found that the target was well positioned and poised for growth, benefited from a solid portfolio of services, was well aligned with channel partners to target less penetrated markets, and had attractive up-sell opportunities. Based on this analysis and Stax’s insights and recommendations, the PE firm decided to proceed with this investment.
SEE MORE CASE STUDIES
With nearly two decades of experience in the business services sector, across multiple sub-sectors and geographies, Stax knows this space well. We are able to conduct high-level strategic analysis and deep granular analysis to help clients drive growth and profitability.
To discuss how Stax can assist you contact Mark Bremer at firstname.lastname@example.org.