The key objectives in the client’s mind was to develop a customer segmentation that allows:
– The Company to do a better job of creating territories for its sales representatives.
– Sales representatives to prioritize their calling efforts against the highest potential schools.
– The Company to determine if it has holes in its program offering based on the locations and preferences of its key customers.
To build a robust segmentation scheme by leveraging client’s extensive database and supplementing it with external data, Stax:
– Confirm project objectives with management team.
– Perform audit of current data at client’s side.
– Conduct interviews with sales team.
– Compile and overlay available external data and internal data that has not yet been incorporated.
– Analyze data and develop segmentation model; segment and prioritize the database.
Detailed data and description on the tours organized in the last 5 years.
A database on the schools in U.S.
Demographic data, including the distances to each destination and other basic economic variables.
Found significant opportunities to increase the marketing focus on more profitable schools with a more focused marketing approach.
Stax identified several ways to increase the efficacy of the client’s marketing by giving them a database of the schools they should target, enabling them to build on a focused marketing strategy, for example:
– Giving the client a school database of 18.6K schools, which they should focus on.
– Where the marketing should upgrade their efforts and where they should downgrade.
– Changes needed to the sales force structure to best equip the client to target schools.