Stax Development Corporation (DevCorp) creates entirely new startup companies and forms joint ventures to address significant needs identified by Stax’s strategic consulting practice. We generally seek to partner with our clients to capitalize on these opportunities.
Where Stax DevCorp Focuses
Stax DevCorp’s companies are held in two distinct portfolios:
- V-Squared portfolio, a combination of new ventures and joint ventures with a profit-maximizing focus.
- Social Ventures Portfolio (SVP), whose holdings consist of double-bottom-line companies — those that deliver a combination of economic value and social benefit.
Examples of Stax DevCorp Initiatives
- BENESTREAM provides a low-cost, easy-to-use service to employers and unions to ensure that employees and union members receive government benefits to which they are entitled, like Medicaid, food stamps, and Child Health Plus. With minimal work from a company’s Human Resources department, employers can deliver a 15-30% increase in income and health insurance for employees and their families who qualify.
- CREDIFI is an information service for commercial real estate finance. Backed by one of the world’s leading venture capital firms, CrediFi has assembled a team of experts in commercial real estate, credit risk, and big data to bring both visibility and greater risk oversight to the commercial real estate market.
- EDCO is a fundraising software solution that empowers K-12 schools to raise money and access resources to enrich the educational experience for all students. Edco streamlines the “art of the ask” to bring fundraising expertise to schools, parents, and student groups, enabling them to raise up to 80% more funds compared to traditional efforts and access new funding sources. By aggregating school needs and attracting private funds, Edco offers a channel into schools for education merchants to deliver new innovations and share best practices to drive systemic change in K-12 education.
- ULTRA TESTING was founded by two MIT engineers in 2012 to provide a high-quality and affordable software testing service. Their competitive advantage comes from employing on-shore teams of individuals on the Autism Spectrum, who can have the exact skill set required to be exceptional software testers — focus, attention to detail, natural pattern recognition ability, intelligence, and curiosity. Armed with a market segmentation and competitor benchmarking developed by Stax, Stax DevCorp guided ULTRA to successfully launch, secure customers, and line up funding.